Welcome to this month’s Blogorail Green Loop. Today we are discussing the best ways to use your Disney Dining Plan snack credits.
You will notice, however, that the Disney Dining Plan does not make that list. In fact, I’m not even sure it would make the top five favorite things of mine. That is, unless, you manage to get it on a Cast Member Discount. While the finical viability of the Dining plan has been discussed by many others (like here, here, and here) should you find yourself in Walt Disney World, with a dining plan, in late September or most of October, I’m here to share a serious life hack with you. Food from food and wine counts as snack credits. That’s right. (Most) food from the Food and Wine Festival Counts as snack credits.
Not sure why this is a life changing piece of information? Well, here are just a few of the reasons I recommend using your snack credits at Food and Wine, should the opportunity present itself:
1. The Food Is Great. Nothing says ‘you’re getting your moneys worth’ like buying a lamb kebab from New Zealand, or a greek yogurt parfait for breakfast, and not having to pay any (more) money for it up front. The quality of the food is far better than any other snack you could buy in the parks, and often tends to be more filling as well.
2. It Adds To Your Disney Experience. The Food and Wine Festival only comes once a year, and getting to spend your snack credits on sampling cuisines from around the world is a great way to step out of your culinary comfort zone, and make great Disney memories in the process.
3. It’s The Best Type Of Tipsy Eating. Find yourself indulging in one to many margaritas at the Mexican pavilion? The ability to use your (pre-paid) snack credit for some classy drunken eating keeps your costs (relatively) low, and makes you feel more like a person and less like a booze filled robot.
Have you used this dining plan life hack before? If I ever end up with snack credits and no Food and Wine, what should I spend them on?
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail Green | Best Ways to Use Disney Snack Credits Loop:
- 1st Stop – The Disney Chef | 10 Best Ways To Spend Snack Credits in Walt Disney World
- 2nd Stop – Ashley Aspires | Best Snacks in Each Park & Downtown Disney
- 3rd Stop – Dad for Disney | Snacking Around the Magic Kingdom
- 4th Stop – Bibbidi Bobbidi Booze | The Best Ways To Spend Your Snack Credits At Food and Wine
- 4th Stop – My Pixie Dust Diary | Snacks to Bring Home