Welcome to this month’s Blogorail Green Loop. Today we are discussing some of the best bars and lounges at the Disney Parks.
#BBBsFoodAndWine Tour continues this week, in a sort of back handed way. This week I’m sharing one of my favorite things about EPCOT that exists year around: La Cava Del Tequlia. While I first experienced this hidden gem of a bar during the Food and Wine Festival, it’s what makes me feel okay about missing out on Food and Wine on the rare chances I visit the parks at a time of year the festival isn’t running.
If you’ve never been to La Cava, here’s what you’re missing out on:
1. The Ambiance – the bar is literally a whole in the wall inside the temple at the Mexico Pavilion. Sure, this tends to lead to longer wait times when it comes to getting drinks to go or a seat at the bar, but it also means that once you get inside, you really feel like you’ve been transported to a cellar in the middle of Mexico. (I promise you it’s not as creepy as it sounds).
2. The Drinks – The Blood Orange Margaritas are my personal favorite, but as long as you like tequila, you can’t really go wrong when it comes to this bar. I can say from experience that the Pineapple, Cucumber and classic margaritas are also great options, but if you want to be even more adventurous, I’ve always been curious about the avacado and jalepeno options (just not curious enough to replace it with my favorite Blood Orange).
3. The Food – Should you wish to sample all of the margaritas, and still remember the rest of your trip to Disney World, La Cava also serves various tapas at their few sit down tables. While I’ve never actually partaken in them myself, I can say that at least visually they are stunning. I’ve rarely seen guacamole look so good or a shrimp cocktail look so fresh. One of these days, I’ll just have to sit down and try them all for myself.
For more great Disney bars & lounges,
check out the other great posts from the Blogorail!
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail Green | Disney Bars & Lounges Loop:
- 1st Stop – What’s the Point? | Jellyrolls
- 2nd Stop – Rolling with the Magic | Crew’s Cup Lounge
- 3rd Stop – DISTherapy | Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar
- 4th Stop – Two Moms and a Mouse | Tambu Lounge & the California Grill Lounge
- 4th Stop – Bibbidi Bobbidi Booze | La Cava del Tequila